Tinder and Hinge can both be a lot of fun if you’re bored and channel surfing at home. There are certain benefits and drawbacks to using these online dating apps.
How to navigate them and what to expect:
- It is highly unlikely that you’re going to meet your soul mate on either one of these apps.
- Know that if you do agree to meet someone it’s probably a one and done situation. Tinder and Hinge are full of players.
- If you’re expecting anything other than a hookup go to Match or EHarmony.
- If you’re okay with a hookup the hottest guys are on Tinder.
- If you think you might get coffee or a meal before the hookup you might find that on Hinge.
- You might think the Hinge situation is an actual date solely based on the third party social media connection that led you to the match. Not so. It’s still a hookup.
- Unless they are in their twenties, most men lie about their age on Tinder hoping to get laid.
- You will more than likely see someone you know on Tinder. Maybe even someone you know in the Biblical sense.
- There are lots of married people on Tinder. It’s important to be okay with that.
- If you are seeking a hookup, don’t post much personal information on either app. A lot of your matches will instantly “disappear”. Remember: these apps are for sex. Neither is a dating or relationship tool.
It would appear that only number 4 is a real benefit…apologies.